The Tinnitus Audiologist

Think of Tinnitus Audiology as a sub-specialty, much like cardiology or gastroenterology. Primary care physicians can indeed treat minor digestive disorders. However, when the problem is serious, you see a gastroenterologist. Similarly, when tinnitus or sound sensitivity is serious, you should consult with a specialist in Tinnitus and Sound Sensitivity Audiology.

Tinnitus Audiologists are trained and/or certified in all leading treatment methods, including up to 7 for tinnitus and 5 for hyperacusis and misophonia, and specialized counseling. Only Tinnitus Audiologists perform both diagnostic and evidence-based rehabilitation assessments. They also integrate care directly with medical professionals in sleep medicine, cognitive psychotherapy, biofeedback, otolaryngology and otology, and psychiatry.

Hallmarks of qualifications as a Tinnitus Audiologist include certifications in Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Retraining Therapy (by Dr. Jastreboff), in Neuromonics and Sound Cure, and by the Tinnitus Practitioners Association. Tinnitus Audiologists should be experienced in both tinnitus and hyperacusis and dedicate a significant portion of their practice to these areas. Randall Bartlett meets these qualifications.

Meet Randall Bartlett, FAAA,

Executive & Clinical Director, Tinnitus Audiologist

  • Practicing Audiologist since 1978 — Tinnitus specialization since 1999
  • Certified as a TRT specialist by Dr. Pawel Jastreboff (1999)
  • Certified Neuromonics Specialist by Dr. Paul Davis & staff (2006)
  • Certified Tinnitus Specialist by Tinnitus Practitioners Association
  • Masters Degree in Audiology from California State University Northridge
  • Fellow: American Academy of Audiology (FAAA)
  • Member: American Academy of Audiology, Academy of Doctors of Audiology, American Tinnitus
  • Association, the American Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology, and Misophonia Practitioners